Organic Cacao Powder (90g)
We have another superfood to add to our Breakfast Club...
Organic Cacao Powder
We have partnered with Green Origins to give you the chance to up your smoothie bowl game with a powerful superfood!
Cacao is best known as the main ingredient in chocolate. Cacao powder is very versatile, and many people add it to their diet when they crave a natural chocolate treat.
Grown in South America, the cacao beans are fermented to enhance their rich flavour. The natural fat (cacao butter) is then removed and the remaining cacao is delicately ground to form a rich powder.
Great Taste 2017 Award Winner - The judges commented: "We feel this would be excellent in baking. It is an excellent product."
Produced in South America, packed in the UK. Certified Organic by the UK Soil Association and registered by the Vegan Society.
Best way to use it?
We're biased... but we believe the best way to use it is to blend it with some frozen banana and plant milk to whip up a thick smoothie bowl (in a coconut bowl obviously)! Feel free to add some cashew butter to the mixture too!
Benefits of Cacao include:
- 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries
- Highest plant based source of iron
- Full of magnesium for healthy heart and brain
- More calcium than cow's milk (
160mg per 100g vs only 125mg per 100ml of milk)
- Cacao is a great source of four scientifically proven bliss chemicals – serotonin, tryptophan, tyrosine and phenylethylamine. Therefore a natural mood elevator!
Storage: Store in a cool, dark and dry place.